Opposite to wet texturing methods, plasma processes feature less dangerous handling, easier waste disposal, reduced use of reactants, consumables and water, and single-sided etching permitting new rear side concepts.
SEMCO Group's DRYTEX is a batch-type remote-plasma etcher used for uniform dry texturing (after pre-clean) of multicrystalline Si wafers (front side - 0.2% conversion yield increase compared to acidic solution) or polishing of monocrystalline Si wafers in order to improve the internal light reflection from the rear surface of the cell, resulting in an increase of the average path length and gain on the short current density and voltage. SEMCO Group's dry texturing technology clearly demonstrates reduced reflectivity and higher conversion efficiency compared to conventional wet chemical processes.
- Up to 4 vertical metal reaction chambers (280 wafer positions per chamber)
- Horizontal wafer orientation (face up) with no shadow effect from supporting pins
- Ideal for front side texturing of multi c-Si and rear side polishing of mono c-Si wafers
- Replaces acidic texturing and IPA drying
- Etching rate in the 1 µm/mn range
- Improvement of conversion efficiency of multi c-Si solar cells
- Improvement of IQE in the long wavelength region (900-1300nm)
- Completely dry cell processing offers higher efficiency and lower costs
- 100% inspection of incoming and outcoming wafers
- Fully automated wafer transport from cassettes or inline conveyor to tubes and back.