SEMCO Technologies offers robust and versatile roll-to-roll (also known as reel-to-reel) atmospheric pressure plasma, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and evaporation platform dedicated to the deposition of semiconductor thin films or the elaboration of nanostructured materials on a continuous roll of flexible metal or polymer foil substrate (Size up to 300-mm width).
Processing can be effected at atmospheric pressure or under vacuum. The equipment is easily expandable through the insertion of add-on processing modules (e.g. cleaning, etch, spray deposition, co-evaporation, sputtering, etc.). SEMCO Technologies roll-to-roll systems already serve a wide variety of applications ranging from flexible consumer electronics to thin-film solar photovoltaics on 2D and tridimensional substrates.
- Software-controlled multi-process roll-to-roll coating system
- Loading and unloading on 3-inch expandable chucks
- Automated conveyor from in-feed to out-feed rollers
- Stable handling of flexible foils
- Isolation to the atmosphere achieved by means of gas curtains
- Resistive or halogen-lamp (RTP) heating capability
- High uniformity showerhead-type vent/run gas injector
- High purity gas system (any type of precursor)
- Powerful safety interlocking system
- Modular design for easy installation and start-up.